Scope and Consent
This Privacy Notice describes our collection, use, disclosure, retention and protection of your personal data. It applies to Charket services including but not limited to the Charket native app, and Charket websites where this Privacy Notice is referenced, regardless of how you access or use them. By using our services, you are accepting the terms of this Privacy Notice, and you are consenting to our collection, use, disclosure, retention, and protection of your personal data as described in this Privacy Notice. We may process and retain your personal data on our servers everywhere in the world where our data centers are located.
Personal Data is information that can be associated with a specific person and could be used to identify that specific person whether from that data or from other information that Charket has or is likely to have access to. We do not consider personal data to include information that has been made anonymous or aggregated so that it can no longer be used to identify a specific person, whether in combination with other information or otherwise.
Changes to This Notice
We may amend this Privacy Notice at any time by posting the amended terms on the Charket website (www.charket.com). All amended terms automatically take effect 30 days after they are posted.
We collect, process and retain personal data from you and any devices you may use when you use our services. The personal data we collect includes the following:
Personal Data You Give Us
- Identifying information such as your name, email addresses, or telephone numbers when you using our service.
- Other content that you generate, or that is connected to your Charket account.
- In some instances, when you use our services, you may provide age, gender, interests and favorites.
- You may also provide us other information through your participation in community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding our services.
- Additional information we are required or authorized by applicable laws to collect and process in order to authenticate or identify you or to verify the information we have collected.
Personal Data We Collect Automatically
- We also collect information about your interaction with our services. This information comprises device ID or unique identifier and device type.
- Geo-location information, including location information from your mobile device. Keep in mind that most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services by any application on your mobile device in the device's settings' menu.
Personal Data from Other Sources
- We may supplement the personal data we collect with information from third parties and add it to your account information. For example, we may collect and use demographic information that is publicly available, additional contact information, credit check information, and information from credit bureaus, as allowed by applicable laws.
- If you give us personal data about someone else, you must do so only with their explicit and prior consent. You have to inform them how we collect, use, disclose, and retain their personal data according to our Privacy Notice.
Use and Retention
We use the personal data we collect to: provide and improve our services, to contact you about our Charket services, to provide you customer service, and to detect, prevent, mitigate and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities. We retain your personal data as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations. In addition, we may retain personal data from closed accounts to comply with applicable laws, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce our User Agreement and take other actions permitted or required by applicable laws. After it is no longer necessary for us to retain your personal data, we dispose of it in a secure manner according to our data retention and deletion policies.
We take steps to ensure that the personal data we collect is accurate and up to date, and that you have the ability to access and make corrections to it. This includes the following:
- You can see, review and change your personal data by signing in to your Charket. Please update your personal data immediately if it changes or is inaccurate.
- Once you make a public posting, you may not be able to change or remove it. Upon your request, we will close your Moblor service and remove your personal data from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable laws.
- We will honor any statutory right you might have to access, modify or erase your personal data. Where you have a statutory right to request access or request the modification or erasure of your personal data, we can still withhold that access or decline to modify or erase your personal data in some cases in accordance with applicable laws, but will give you reasons if we do so.
We may disclose your personal data to to third parties. This disclosure may be required for us to provide you access to our services, to comply with our legal obligations, to enforce our User Agreement, or to prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities related to our services. We minimize the amount of personal data we disclose to what is directly relevant and necessary to accomplish the specified purpose. As stated above, we do not disclose your personal data to third parties for their marketing and advertising purposes without your explicit consent.
Change of Ownership
If we were to merge with or be acquired by another company, we may share information with them in accordance with our privacy standards. Should such an event occur, we will require that the new combined entity follow this Privacy Notice with respect to your personal data. If your personal data will be collected, used, disclosed, or retained for any purposes not covered in this Privacy Notice, you will receive prior notification of the processing of your personal data for the new purposes.
We protect your personal data using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls. If you believe your account has been abused, please contact us.
Third Party Privacy Practices
This Privacy Notice addresses only the use and disclosure of personal data we collect from you. If you disclose your information to others, or if you are directed to a third party website, their privacy notices and practices will apply. We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your information once you provide it to a third party and we encourage you to evaluate the privacy and security policies of your trading partner before entering into a transaction and choosing to share your information. This is true even where the third parties to whom you disclose personal data are partners with Charket.